Chief Strategy Officer
Daniel Pearson is a director of RCG and serves as Chief Strategy Officer with a remit covering the global development of the business and guiding the firm’s offering to clients worldwide. He has more than 20 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry, ranging from front-end project development, project and corporate financing / investment, to running a sector-leading SME as CEO.
The renewable energy industry has been the mainstay of Mr Pearson’s career, with a focus on developing and financing projects in the offshore and marine sector. He has a proven track record in taking challenging projects from inception through to a financial investment decision and applies this skillset to assist clients do the same.
Mr Pearson has deep experience in leading wind, solar, and hydro investments in Europe. He is expert in renewable energy development, financing and construction both in the UK and overseas, with significant technical understanding and commercial project finance experience. Mr Pearson has been a director of RCG for two years and within that time has led a complex and unique energy procurement process on behalf of a major utility and managed multiple challenging client engagements. Before joining RCG he was a member of the executive management teams at corporate-invested assets. Mr Pearson served as Chief Executive Officer of a tidal energy project company, developing the world’s largest tidal energy array. He has also worked for many years within a large global corporate, where he progressed from leading major project development assets, through to leading due diligence, deal structuring, commercial negotiations and asset management for wind, solar and hydro energy investments in Europe and beyond.
Mr Pearson is qualified in marine engineering.
- Lead Project Manager for the Shetland New Energy Solution
- Led project for Scottish & Southern Energy Networks to procure the most cost-effective solution to power the Shetland Islands after 2020 - a unique and highly complex engagement given the regulated elements of the project.
- Technical due diligence, onshore wind
- Led technical due diligence on behalf of an international power project developer assessing potential project acquisitions in Chile.
- Technical/operational due diligence, insurer
- Supported a world leading insurer investigate and perform an operational analysis of 200 MW wind farm in Ukraine highlighting any “red-flags” and providing advice on potential areas of improvement.